Have you gone down a few pounds since Christmas?
Have you gone down a few pounds since Christmas? Then you have challenged your body and it can start to resist. Even though you and your bodyweights are happy, your body perceives weight loss as something negative. It’s much harder to hold weight than to lose weight.
Fight against one’s own body
– Keeping stable weight after weight reduction is a struggle against your own body. It helps little that you and your doctor cheer over positive health gains as long as your body is not satisfied. It perceives any weight loss as dangerous and starts various mechanisms to gain weight again, explains center leader and professor Dr. with Jøran Hjelmesæth at the Center for Disease Overweight in Health South East at the Hospital in Vestfold to the magazine Better Health.
Just like the screaming and insatiable baby in the 1970s series of Pompel and Pilt, your body and bowel will scream with hunger much higher and more often than before.
– The appetite changes after a diet. Metthet hormone leptin goes down, while the level of ghrelin, which controls our hunger, increases markedly. The vast majority of people who have lost weight in weight describe this intense hunger as the biggest problem afterwards.
Hormones are chemical substances that are formed in the brain, the fat tissue, the intestine and the glands of the body. They allow the different bodies of the body to communicate with each other. There are 10 different hormones that affect your body weight.
The changes in feeling and hunger are almost as active one year after, just after weight reduction, studies show.
– You must simply have a lot of willpower to overcome hunger, Hjelmesæth points out..
– What kind of and how much food we want to eat is controlled by our hormones. Just the smell of food, such as walking past a bakery, causes the body to start producing hormones that prepare it for food to come soon. It is not our will force that controls this hormone production, “says Dr. Fedon Lindberg.
Needs less fuel
Jøran Hjelmesæth’s team-weight-tip:
1. Daily physical activity is the most important factor in keeping the weight stable. You do not need to work out, but you must be in action. At least one hour a day is recommended.
2. Eat regular meals and ensure regular weight registration. Feel free to pay weight every day and follow.
3. Eat fiber rich foods, coarse grain products and proteins that make sense of the feeling of satiety. Eat most proteins from the plant kingdom and choose the most fish and bird from the animal kingdom.
Therefore, stress creates chocolate-light
The spare-loss effect is another protection mechanism that the body uses, and unfortunately it can not be controlled by the will.
If you think that the body before dieting was like a big gas-freaking american, you’re now back with a fuel-rich Japanese car that needs very little fuel. And this is where we have to learn new mathematics, according to Hjelmesæth.
– Have you reduced your own calorie intake and body weight by 10 percent, for example from 100kg to 90kg, a 10 percent calorie boost will not keep your weight stable. You must actually reduce your daily calorie intake by 20 percent, ie twice, to achieve stable weight. This is due to the fact that the combustion has taken place on the savings block, both in rest and activity.
Muscles increase combustion
If you feel a little depressed now, then the good news comes here: Training that increases muscle mass helps to increase burns again. That’s why so many weed experts recommend strength training.
– Research shows that daily physical activity is the most important success factor for weight stabilization. Physical activity also provides better balance in appetite regulation and helps improve sleep. Both parts are beneficial to the weight, the obesity specialist says Helmet Seed.
As long as we need to fight the savings effect and other mechanisms after a diet, there is no safe research response to. Some experts speak in a year, others in two years or more.
– There is little research and large individual differences, concludes Hjelmesæth, adding that neither does it know whether low combustion is a major problem after a major weight loss than at a reduction of five kilos.
Randi Vassbotn Norheim’s team weight-tip:
1. Keep on good eating habits and meal patterns. Eat before going to the grocery store and stick to a shopping list.
2. Be in fluid balance. You need between 30 and 35 milliliters of water per day. kilo body weight. Unlike animals, not all people can distinguish between thirst and hunger. Many people eat when they really need fluid.
3. Make sure you have enough sleep. If you have sleep deprivation, it is difficult to keep stable weight. Also too much sleep can be negative for the weight.
Therefore you should not eat too little
Old habits easy to remember
Clinical nutrition physiologist Randi Vassbotn Norheim has many years of experience with obese patients in hospitals and knows what challenges are expected when the reduction phase is reversed and the weight is stabilized.
– It’s now the job begins seriously, because you can easily lose focus. What many people experience is that they deliberately or unconsciously reintroduce foods that they ate before, thus returning the bad habits. Instead of more and fast meals, you may go down to two meals per day. day, which easily results in overeating.
Low burn after a big weight loss, it will take a little while before getting on, says Norheim.
Box Days Destroy
The many cold days in a year are another challenge you must have some readiness for, she believes.
– During holidays and weekends, control is easier and if food choices are ruled by coincidences, it often ends with extensions. The many forgetful things are that we end up 150-200 days of cold a year if we allow ourselves to go out both Friday, Saturday and Sunday. In addition, there are holidays, holidays and various social gatherings.
Without a conscious attitude to what you eat and drink on such extraordinary days, it’s difficult to keep stable weight, Norheim states.
Managed lasting weight loss
– Two years of high readiness. It took so much time before I tore to trust that the body and weight remained stable, “says Stein Tyrdal.
Stein Tyrdals team weight tips:
1. Cut out slimming. Instead, establish living habits that you can live well with and enjoy the rest of your life.
2. Always drink water before all meals to accelerate the fatigue. Keep in mind that all drinks, apart from water, are calories.
3. Determine in advance how much to eat and spend time. Only 20 minutes after you have eaten, you will know if you are satisfied and you are usually.
Went 63kg with personal trainer
11 years ago, he went down 18 kilo, and he has not gone up his weight loss again. Statistically five out of 100 people succeed immediately.
– I managed to stick to my new habits with a constant focus on food and activity. Thus, there was a lasting change in lifestyle.
Tyrdal, which among many is known as the genre of humor, means caloritelling and “community fat phobia” trigger our hunger feeling in a negative way.
– Eat food you get fed up, avoid the sight and smell of food between meals and put your body in motion. Detour is a good trim, sounds one of his foxhorses.
In the book The fat is between the ears that he has written with Nina Granlund Sæther, he shares 24 self-tested and proven success criteria for lasting weight loss.
– It’s in the top lock that the actual weight job takes place. Only when we get our thoughts on our minds happens something with actions and habits. And humor is always a useful aid, Tyrdal believes.
– The art is to give yourself three to four rules that are so automated that we can live with them the rest of their lives. Then the other things are coming. Even I had to cut out ice cream, coke and chocolate. Today, I do not like any of the parts because it tastes too sweet. When you minimize your own sugar intake, the taste perception and taste buds are different, explains Tyrdal.
He has also had great self-esteem of his Max 2 rule: Two pieces of meat, two slices of bread, two crackers, two potatoes, etc.. – and nothing more!
– Went 40 kilos with tapeworm in the stomach
Four-minute high performance
These intermediate goals are less than 150 kcal
Slim and fat people have as many fat cells