Not everyone can drink cow’s milk.
Nutritionist Therese F. Mathisen believes that there are few reasons to choose other forms of milk if you are not allergic or intolerant to cow’s milk.
However, for those who need it, there are luckily more options for milk, although not everyone is as healthy.
Good selection in the food store
– I am a sore supporter of cow’s milk and can not find many arguments against this milk type. Only allergy sufferers must stay away and use alternative milk types, while lactose intolerant can find smart cumin solutions, says Mathisen.
Today you will find both lactose-free and lactose-reduced cheese and milk in regular grocery stores.
– In addition, sour milk and solid white cheese are well tolerated by most lactose intolerant, she says.
Unique food item
– We get a rich interaction of nutrients in milk, and together they contribute to the milk being a very good and unique food for us, “says Mathisen..
It is especially protein quality and the content of calcium and iodine, which means she believes the other milk alternatives can never match the cow’s milk in nutritional sense.
Even for those who are going to build muscle, milk is better than protein powder.
– And when the other options do not improve with regard to the taste experience, baking qualities or responses, I’m back again that cow’s milk is the best, she says.
Soya against hot dogs
This contains your favorite order
Also nutritionist Gunn Helene Arsky thinks the cow’s milk is the most favorable choice for most, but she also sees that soy milk can be a good option for many.
Not just for those who are allergic to cow’s milk.
– Soya can have its benefits in menopause, so some women who struggle with hot dogs can experience improvement if they use soy milk in the diet. In addition, this can be a good choice for those who are vegans and do not use animal products, so I think it’s great that most shops now have a vegetarian option available, “she says..
Check the content
If you need or want to replace the cow’s milk with another form of milk, Arsky recommends that you look at the table of contents.
Then choose a milk enriched with calcium.
– Just remember that you do not get the same nutrients with these milk types as you get with cow’s milk. One must therefore make adjustments to the diet to get included in protein quality, B vitamins and iodine, “she says..
Good protein content
Here’s your dinner in a few years
But what do the two nutritionists say are the best milk choices?
– I clearly mean that it is cow’s milk and I hold a button on extra light milk. In addition to its good qualities, it has also added vitamin D. On the other hand, if you have to choose something other than cow’s milk, I would recommend finding that milk that has a protein level that is as close as possible to the cow, and anyway enriched with both iodine and calcium, says Mathisen.
Expensive, but good
Arskys favorite among the cow’s milk is Tines Strength.
And even though the milk has a far stiffer price than the other cartons in the fridge.
– In particular, this is a good choice for those who do not use so much dairy products. It also feels fuller and is nice to mix with coffee. Among the vegetarian products, I think soy milk with added calcium must be the winner, she says.
Here are some of the different options:
Get allergic to coconut milk, but the milk has its limitations as it tastes very coconut. It is found with more or less fat.
Remember that coconut milk contains saturated fat, which you do not need more than the most necessary.
Does not contain calcium.
This gets dice 1
With a taste of coconut, this milk is well suited for sauces, soups and casseroles. Or you roll out the water of the box, you can also whip cream or make desserts of it.
Good for cuminergic and lactose intolerant, but some are also allergic to soya. Enriched with calcium, and this is a good choice if you need soy milk.
Contains plant oestrogens, and women with hot flashes can get better with soy milk in the diet.
Good protein content.
Tastes a bit sweeter than regular milk, but fits well for cereals, baking and other cooking.
Also good for those who do not tolerate normal cow’s milk but this is not added to calcium and is therefore not a good replacement.
Tastes a little less than cow’s milk and is thinner than soy milk, but works well for baking and cooking.
You will not get healthier of organic food
Allergy-friendly milk. The milk is also found with added calcium, which is a good choice for kumelkallergikers.
By the way, less useful than for example soy milk.
Thinner and paler milk. Can be used, for example, on cereals.
Almond milk is rich in calcium, but also very calorie. Suitable for those who do not tolerate cow’s milk.
The milk has a little tame taste, but it fits well with pastries, soups and sauces.
This is the standard the others are replacing. Contains good with easily absorbed calcium, fine B vitamins, top quality healthy protein and iodine. Skim milk, Strength or extra light milk is preferable as they have little fat but a lot of nutrition. Extra light and Strength are enriched with vitamin D.
Therefore, junk food is postponed the next day
Good for drinks, for cereal, in baked goods and for cooking.
Sources: Natural Allergy. net and gunn helene arsky
Click here and follow Click Health on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly updates by email
One in three has a congenital need for dietary supplements
Here is the checklist for those who want to eat healthy
Forum: – Should I stop drinking light brown?