– It stops your burning.
The definition of too little food can be the amount of food that:
- Does not provide optimal well-being throughout the day, which means you do not work at your best.
- Moves to low weight.
- Moves to the muscular woman.
- That can not be maintained for a long time.
Source: Mari Mundal Krogshus, partner and nutritionist at Improving Lives.
If you eat too little, you can actually risk burning your combustion.
The body requires you to add enough energy to profit to do all the day’s tasks, even if it’s just on the couch.
Tired and tired
– You need to get energy and nutrients daily to work optimally.
says Terese Glemminge Arnesen, Nutrition Physiologist at the Information Office for Dairy Products.
If you do not get enough food, you will not get enough of the important nutrients your body needs daily replenishment,
This can cause you to get tired and tired, get a bad concentration and it goes beyond the mood.
– In the long run you can have a reduced immune system and develop deficiency diseases because you do not get vital vitamins and minerals, “she says..
But wrong foods can also give the same consequences as too little food. Enough and proper food is most important, but you may also need dietary supplements.
By eating proper food, listening to the body is easy.
– The body knows how much it will have through hunger and saturation and absence of sweets, “says Mari Krogshus, partner and nutritionist at Improving Lives..
There may be many reasons why the weight loss stagnates. Too little food and a body on the spare fire are not quite uncommon.
– Sparebluss assumes that the body, when it experiences less energy than it does, gets a little panic. The body understands that suddenly there is not much energy left and that it must save on what it has, “Krogshus says.
The body needs to spend energy on everything it does.
– Even lying on a sofa without touching a finger, a woman of 65 kilograms uses over 1600 calories to keep organs running and the body alive, Krogshus says.
This energy must come from somewhere, either from food or from the body’s stores.
– But the food we eat affects the hormone balance in our body and this affects the proportion of fat on the body, she says.
Stops Weight Loss
– Calorie deficiencies can slow down weight loss by keeping the water in the body and also slowing down the use of fat stocks like energy, Krogshus says.
Hormones should not be underestimated, according to nutritionist.
– If you eat calories, but foods that trigger the hormones in the wrong direction, you may be frustrated by lack of weight loss.
– As soon as the right foods are consumed, the kilos drain and body weight is normalized and stabilized. At the same time, energy and well-being are on top, “Krogshus says.
– With savings, it is believed that the body puts down the combustion when it is in energy deficit to save energy.
Source: Terese Glemminge Arnesen, Nutrition Physiologist at the Information Office for Dairy Products.
In case of little nutrition, the layers in the body are used up. You save energy in the form of fat, sugar and proteins.
– In which order this is used, depends on which nutrients are consumed and in what frequencies, Krogshus says.
– Over time the number of hours shows that both proteins, i.e. muscles, and sugars stored in the liver and in muscle and fat are broken down, “she says..
And this to great frustration for those who want to go down in fat percentage but keep muscle mass.
The blood needs a constant and stable sugar content.
– When this enters the diet, the level becomes too high and it is removed from the blood and stored as fat and glycogen.
Uses body storage
– When there is no sugar to the blood through the food, it must be taken from the body’s own stores.
– The activity of the body, hormone status and what you have eaten and when deciding where this is derived from.
– The glycogen stores are often used quite quickly, and after this energy is collected from fat stores and muscles, Krogshus says.
In order to maintain or increase muscle mass, Krogshus recommends a consistent intake of proteins and proper strength training.
Goes beyond the brain
– The brain cells use glucose as an energy source, and depend on steady supply from the blood, says Arnesen.
- Do you eat too little, your body believes that it’s famine and burns down to not ruin yourself.
- When the combustion is low, you do not burn fat, but the body holds on what’s left because it thinks it’s a crisis.
- When the body gets too little food, it saves energy to survive. Skin, hair, nails and fat burning are things that are not a priority.
- For optimal fat burning when you want to lower the fat percentage, it’s best to only have a low calorie deficit so that your body works properly while burning fat.
Source: Julie Rafoss, Personal Trainer at the Academy of Personal Training in Oslo. Previously participated in Norway Open and NM in the Bodyfitness class in 2012.
When you fast or not get any energy, your body mobilizes nutrients from the body’s energy stores.
– In early hunger phase, the liver’s glycogen stores will be converted into glucose, but this will drain relatively quickly, says the nutritionist.
– Then, the liver must convert glucose from other sources and will eventually break down muscle proteins and utilize fatty acids from fatty tissue as energy source.
In the case of prolonged solids, increased release of fatty acids and the liver begin to form a substance called ketone bodies from the fatty acids that the brain can use as an alternative to glucose.
– These are acidic substances and you will have a weak acetone odor if you are in this condition called ketosis, says Arnesen.
The much-discussed 5: 2 diet involves fasting for two days a week and usually diet in the other five.
What is too little food?
– The sense of heart is the body’s way of regulating food intake, and in healthy people it is usually regulated by itself through a combination of various factors that contribute to the feeling of appetite and saturation, “says Arnesen..
With an energy deficit you will usually feel more appetite and feel more relaxed.
– If you go for a long time without eating enough food, you will notice that you lose weight, she says.
Do not starve weight loss
– It is recommended to go down half a kilo a week, which means a calorie cut of 500 kcal per day, says Arnesen. These are the many who have good experience, although researchers have not found that this way of slimming gives best results..
With a slow weight reduction you lose a lot of fat and little muscle.
Therefore, junk food is postponed the next day
Go down ten kilos of crackle cakes
It’s important to take care of your muscles to maintain a good combustion.
– To maintain muscle mass while losing weight, you should therefore work regularly, especially strength training, “says Arnesen..
A challenge to starve and go on tight diets is that you may get too little fluid.
Therefore, it can be difficult to function normally and maintain concentration and performance, “says Arnesen..
– When you eat again, the body has perhaps less muscle and lower metabolism, and you risk quickly go up in weight again, she says.
It is not easy to stick to such diets in the long run.
– If you want to lose weight, a slow weight reduction is recommended to achieve a more lasting weight, “says Arnesen..
Tips for middle meals to maintain even blood sugar
Terese Glemminge Arnesen, nutritionist at the Information Office for Dairy Products, has some simple tips to avoid lethargy due to too little nutrition.
- Start your day with a healthy breakfast that should contain 20-25 percent of today’s energy intakes.
- In order not to get so quickly hungry after you have eaten, eating foods that make sense of feeling lasts a while.
- Proteins contribute to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass, so proteins can be a part of all the day’s meals.
- Cottage cheese mixed with pesto or with berries can be a little snack.
- Other midday meals can be eggs and omelette, bread slice with cheese or fish toppings, yogurt, fruit and vegetables.
- Select keyhole dairy products and make smoothie on berries and peel or yogurt natural.
Click here and follow Click Health on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly updates by email
One in three has a congenital need for dietary supplements
Nine signs that you are eating the wrong fat
Eight steps to flat stomach
To remove excess skin on your stomach
Eat well and go down one kilo every week
– Do not Deny Carbohydrates
Forum: – Should I stop drinking light brown?