If summer becomes a single big sausage party, it will affect both health and weight.
We Norwegians love to grill.
When the sun finally looks, we light up the grill and fill it with barbecues, sausages and other flaws.
– It does not matter if you occasionally grill sausages, but if there is a lot of barbecues, it may also be a little too much sausage, “says nutritionist Therese F. Mathisen at Thema Nutrition.
A lot of hot dogs
She emphasizes that everything is healthy as long as you do it by way, and that’s how many of us are wrong.
For while the food is good on the grill, it may be a waitpipe or two. and before the food comes on the table, one is almost a little bit of scratch again.
Then it’s quick to eat much more than you should.
– For many, summer is a single long barbecue, and if you choose a lot of sausage food, the sum will actually affect health and weight, she says.
Multiple kilos up
Seven recipes perfect for hot days
If you’re excited about grilling, and if you like a wait-puff or fat accessory every day, it can actually amount to more pounds during the grilling season.
– If you consume 500 kcal more for dinner than usual for weight stability, you will theoretically increase half a kilogram of body weight each week. In addition to increasing an ice or two throughout the day, this quickly becomes a further place between 100 and 450 kcal – depending on which ice cream you choose, says Mathisen.
Even she likes watching the barbecue as any other meal.
– I want a good protein source in the form of fish or meat, a good vitamin and antioxidant source in the form of salad or green and a contribution of energy as needed, she says.
Rice, pasta in salad or bread in moderate amounts are good accessories, while potato salad, mayonnaise-based salads and dressings should only be included as a flavor enhancer in the meal. This should not be the main accessory.
Therese F. Mathisen’s good and bad choice
- 2 barbecue sausages with sausage bread, ketchup and mustard
- 1 piece of cutlet (approx. 160 grams)
- 6 tablespoons potato salad
- 0.33 l. Brus
Total 1542 kcal.
- 3 pcs baby carrot
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 6 sugar peas
- 1 piece of salmon fillet (150 grams)
- 1 piece of chopsticks with chicken and green
- 1 tablespoon tzatziki of kesam
- 2-3 dl. salatmix
- 1 baked potato with ½ ss margarine
- 0.33 l. Farris
Total 582 kcal
Not just the barbecue food
However, there may be many reasons why the weight increases during the holidays, reasons counting more than the barbecue. Sugary drinks, ice cream, snacks, beer and wine can also contribute to weight gain, says the expert in diet and training at Grete Roede, Unni Vada Coldevin.
Both juices and sugary soda are packed with calories.
Long dinners with extra dessert, slightly larger meals and long breakfasts with an extra bread slice every day make the weight go up in the summer.
– For many, vacation also means less activity, and less activity combined with increased intake of food usually leads to weight gain, she points out.
If you grill the food correctly, it also increases the risk of carcinogens.
Drip fat-marinated meat
For the barbecue, Coldevin encourages accessories such as whole dressings, mayonnaise, cream and cream sauces. Regarding the actual grilling, she recommends limiting the use of flint steak, griddles and other fat-marinated meat.
Also be careful with chopped fries and whole-blended products such as grilled sausages, bacon sausage, cheesecake and hamburger with and without cheese, she says.
Processed food can never measure clean filet pieces or clean, ground meat.
How to get the barbecue food healthiest
Pure meat is the optimal choice. Choose among the pork fillet, fillet of cattle, chicken fillets and turkey. And do not forget the fish. Both oily and lean fish are suitable for the barbecue.
– Also serve a lot of vegetables and salads of all kinds for the meal. As an option, choose lean sauces and dressings with kesam or lighter sour cream instead of whole dairy products, says Coldevin.
She recommends using lots of herbs, good marinades to flavor meat and fish, and please grill the whole meal if you wish.
Do not serve a cold salad for the barbecue.
– Use vegetables that can be laid on the grill such as asparagus, onion and cornflower. Fruity desserts, like the fruit grilled fruit, you can also cook on the grill, she says.
Most expensive is best
Grete Roede’s good and bad choice
- 200 grams of flintstek
- 150 grams of french fries
- 150 grams of green salad
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche dressing
Total 720 kcal
- 200 grams of pork extraneous
- 150 grams of baked potato
- 150 grams of green salad
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing
Total 400 kcal
TIP: Little Tabasco is an exciting taste set for both fish and meat!
Unfortunately, it is unfortunately true that a healthy meal becomes more expensive than an unhealthy, and so is the same with the barbecue.
– The most expensive ingredients are usually the healthiest and so on, the dinner can be both healthy and tasty. Pork tenderloin is an example, says Coldevin.
She thinks it’s quite possible to serve both a healthy and tasty barbecue meal – as long as you take some time to plan.
– Do you restrict the intake of wine and beer to the weekend, you also save a lot of calories on this every day, she says.
Make smart choices
And that’s not the way you have to keep away from what’s called sausages, dressings and other goodies.
– Of course, you can also choose smart among the less fortunate options, for example by choosing chicken sausages or other lean sausages, lean potato salad, made of kesam and yogurt-based or fat-reduced dressings, says Mathisen.
– Also choose coarse sausage and hamburger bread and use water as a dry drink and for the barbecue every day, says Coldevin.
Remember to keep your slimline
Replace the waiting boiler
Both Coldevin and Mathisen recommend that you drop the waiting boiler.
There are many healthier alternatives when the stomach pipes.
– With us we use “waitstand” instead of waitpile. This is a potato leaf rolled together with philadelphia cheese, smoked salmon and green crispsalat, and this we cut into appropriate serving pieces, says Mathisen.
Alternatively, you can prepare a dish of sugar peas, cherry tomatoes, baby roots, olives, vegetables and dip and other healthy snacks.
This certainly fits well in taste for hungry “waitresses”.
The meat you do not get fat of
Click here and follow us on Facebook
Sign up for the newsletter and get updates by email
Running vs Strength Training: What is Best for Gastric Fat?
– Should I stop drinking light brown?
Read this before eating dinner
How to cut calories