If the chest pain lasts more than 20 minutes, there is a high likelihood of a heart attack.
Symptoms of infarction
– Strong chest pain lasting more than 20 minutes
– Pain that radiates to the arms, back, neck or stomach
– Illness / Illness
– Poor Problems
– Difficult ailments like pain in arms, shoulder, jaw and neck
– High blood pressure
– High cholesterol
– Diabetes 2
Sources: Head of the Department of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University Hospital Nord-Norge, Maja-Lisa Løchen and the National Association for Public Health
– Coarse grain products
– Much fruits and vegetables (five raw units per day)
– Low fat dairy products
– Belgian fruits
– Less cholesterol rich foods
– Fish – especially fatty fish like salmon
– Olive oil and rapeseed oil
This is infarct
A heart attack occurs when a part of the heart muscle dies due to sudden onset of blood flow. This is usually because a coronary artery is clogged by a blood clot. A wreath artery is one of the three major blood vessels that lies outside the heart and supplies it with blood.
If one opens a clogged vein, thus restoring blood supply to the tissue of the heart muscle so that it does not die, it is called a threatening infarction.
Source: National Association for Cardiovascular Disorders
Heart attack may have many different symptoms.
For women, the pain can be diffuse. But most get some classic characteristics.
Extreme Disease Feeling
– 70 percent of those who have a heart attack have severe chest pain that lasts for at least 20 minutes. The pain feels squeezing, the chest gets cramped and many become nauseous, cold sweats and get flu-like, extreme sickness.
It says a professor at the University of Tromsø, the Department of Public Health, and a senior physician at the Department of Cardiology at the University of Northern Norway, Maja-Lisa Løchen.
She says that the pain can also radiate to the arms, shoulders, jaws, head, back and stomach.
You should check your health regularly for the most dangerous diseases.
Not Like All
Although some symptoms are characteristic of myocardial infarction, the signs at times may be difficult to interpret.
A heart attack, for example, is often completely different for a woman than for a man.
– The symptoms are more unspecific. Women often get more diffused ailments, often together with aching and a sore throat pain, says a doctor at a section for heart disease at the Nordland Hospital in Bodø, Hanne Bjørnstad.
Maja-Lisa Løchen adds that women more often have accompanying symptoms such as heavy breathing, nausea and flu.
– Both the patient and the doctors therefore misinterpret the symptoms as a different disease more often in women than in men, says Løchen.
Incorrect interpretation causes a number of patients to wait too long to contact healthcare.
– For example, a heart attack can be confused with asthma, flu, stomach ache, back pain, rheumatism, muscle aches and anxiety, says Løchen.
Here you can take the National Association for Folkehelsen’s test: Are you at risk for cardiovascular disease?
It is also not all heart attacks that are detected. Rarely, there may be few symptoms and you have a so-called dumb heart attack.
– This is especially true for diabetics. They do not have the same pain experience as others, says senior physician Hanne Bjørnstad.
However, the fact that the heart attack is not marked does not mean that it is less dangerous than an infarction with strong symptoms. In doubt, you should never ignore the signals the body gives.
Life or death
Getting to a doctor quickly means everything – often life or death.
– A dense cranial wound should be opened as soon as possible, either with medication, blockage or surgery. If you do not do it, you can get serious damage to your heart muscle, “says Løchen .
She adds that fortunately it is not often patients go long with symptoms before they seek healthcare professionals.
– But it happens too often, especially among older women. Men who get bad with such acute ailments are often at work or with a partner, and they usually take action and get them to the hospital, says Løchen..
Here are the most common causes of death
Although a heart attack can affect all of us, as with most diseases, there are also some risk factors. Heritage is one of these.
– If your mother or sister has had a heart attack before they were 65 years old or father or brother had it before they were 55, you are at risk. The risk increases with age, if you have diabetes 2, high blood pressure or high cholesterol, says Løchen.
In addition, women usually get heart attack ten years later than men. It is very unusual to have a heart attack before you are 40.
For men, it usually occurs after the age of 50 and for women after the age of 60.
Although fewer men get heart disease than before, there are still more men than women who suffer from heart disease.
Stump the smoke
When it comes to prevention, the most important thing is to blow your smoke. Or, start smoking if you do not smoke.
– If you are over 35, you should check blood pressure and cholesterol. Especially if you belong to a family with a heart attack, Løchen adds. Furthermore, both her and senior Bjørnstad recommends a lot of physical activity and a healthy, heart-healthy diet.
Read more about myocardial infarction in the Hekseksikonet på Doktor Online.
8 signs that you have a health problem
How to Find Your Biological Age
The fingers reveal you