To remove trash
– To remove ticks, it is best to use your fingers, a tweezers or a dye remover from the pharmacy. Grab the ticks all the way down to the skin and pull it straight out, “says Preben Ottesen at the Department of Pest Control at the National Institute of Public Health..
He adds that there is no reason to worry about parts of the bat’s biting tools being left on your skin.
Pump into saliva
The most important thing is to remove the ticks as quickly as possible as this reduces the risk of disease.
– It takes about a day before the ticks begin to pump spit and before there is a small risk of infection. Nor are there any ticks that have, for example, Borrelia infection, and I also think there are some people who have stronger immunity to Borellia than others. Therefore, they are not as easily infected, says Dag Dolmen.
He is associate professor at the Department of Natural History at NTNU Science Museum.
Nevertheless, Dolmen also believes there is every reason to take the whit seriously.
Stay on the path
However, that does not mean you should stay away from nature.
The flag is also called
- Skau Male
- Kinn Ticks
This is crucial if the ticks thrive
- Presence of prey
Source: Day Dolmen
Please take long, good walks in the woods and fields, but stay on paths if you want to avoid ticks.
– It’s only when you start bouncing in bushes and grass that you’re really in danger of getting caught. Also take a look at the shoes and the waist edge, so you can brush them away as soon as they get there, “he says..
Up in the trees it is very unusual to find ticks.
Remove the nails
The dolmen confirms that the best method of removing ticks that has become trapped in the skin is to grasp it between two fingernails or with a tweezers and remove it.
– In the past it was said that one had to be careful that the “head” did not sit again because this could lead to infections. However, this inflammation is nothing against the fat-borne diseases you can get if you do not remove it on time and get infected, he says.
Do not use oil
After removing the ticks, you may want to spread a little antibiotic-wound ointment at the bite.
Old advice like letting yourself fill the fat itself with fat, oil, liquor, petroleum jelly or anything else to make it slip, you can forget.
– On the contrary, this can delay the removal of the ticks and increase the risk of disease, says Ottesen.
Not always visible
Follow a little extra at the bite site in the next few weeks, but do not get anxious even if you get a little hog.
The flap has
- Eight bones
- No clear distinction between head, chest and back
Did you know that
Only two out of 100 bites lead to borreliosis
This does not necessarily mean that you have been infected with Borrelia.
– You usually get red calls around the bite if you have an infection but do not look blind to such signs. Sometimes it will not be visible at all. If you feel bad after being bitten, you should not wait for a swallowing before going to the doctor.. A penicillin cure can fortunately make you get rid of the infection, so in case of illness or vaginal joints and muscles, I recommend that you immediately go to the doctor to test if you are infected, “says Dolmen..
The fleet area grows
There are still parts of the country where the fleet has not yet settled, but the catch area is still growing.
– Old knowledge states that the ticks live along the coastline from the Swedish border, around the Oslo fjord, along southern Norway and western Norway and up to Brønnøysund. However, this does not matter anymore, says Dolmen.
He tells us that this strip is getting farther farther from the coast and that we have also observed ticks a good distance north of Brønnøysund.
– The reason for this is the climate improvements we have had in recent years. In any case, see the eyes of the tatter, if it had eyes. In addition, the prey of the flea moves, and for example deer and deer move still north, he says.
Also check the dog
Do you have a dog and live in an area with a lot of ticks, have you probably seen that the dog is more prone to these little animals than you.
It’s not really because the dog is more attractive than you as a prey, but it’s easier for the fool to cling to the fur of the animals.
The dog is also out and runs more in the heather, while you may stay the most on the trail.
Check your entire body
Nevertheless, it can also take care of you.
Often it will creep under the edge of the waistline or anywhere else it finds skin and continue its way until it hits an obstacle.
– You would therefore like to find it, for example, along the truss side, but it can also bite on your back. You can find them anywhere on the body. A good tip is to always check for ticks when you have been in an area where they exist, “says Dolmen.
Read more about the disease Borreliose in the helseconcept. no