Symptoms: These are signs of depression.
30-50 percent of the adult population will have a mental disorder
– It is important to recognize the symptoms of depression and if you have had these symptoms for at least two weeks, it is likely that you have a depression, says psychologist Ingrid M. Hois.
The most prominent symptoms of depression are lower mood rent, low profit, interest and enjoyment in everyday life, excessive negative thinking, sleep difficulties and low appetite or comfort eating.
How long have you had the symptoms?
– In addition to meeting certain criteria, it is important to distinguish between time and time. A basic question is whether you have experienced the symptoms for 14 days. It may be a sign of depression and should be pursued further, “says psychologist Tom Henning Øvrebø.
It is common to say that you are depressed without actually fulfilling the symptoms of depression..
This test shows you if you may have depression.
In some cases, there will be no talk of depression, but common sadness, or sadness that may go into complex mourning and, in some cases, depression. For a while, survivors may be more prone to depression.
Normal reactions should not be compromised
Many people benefit from just checking it out, cleaned up and hearing that these are completely normal reactions that should not be illayed, says Øvrebø.
Check if you have social anxiety
He is keen to establish that public information about completely normal reactions is also important.
If the symptoms have lasted for two weeks or more, you should take the situation seriously – talk to someone you trust or seek professional help to sort in thoughts and feelings to find out what it takes to could change the situation and get back well.
The skill is important if you experience a negative thought pattern about yourself and the world, returning day by day, making things feel heavier in everyday life, “says Høisen..
Causes of depression
There are various types of depression and various reasons why you can get a depression.
The signs that you need a psychologist
There may be situations-related factors, past lives, biological vulnerability, hereditary burden, or having a personality that makes you at higher risk of developing depression because you have a way to feel, think and act on which makes one more vulnerable in the face of life loads.
It is important to know that depression is often a natural response to the stresses we face in everyday life, and the body’s way of telling us that we are not doing well, says Høisen.
Many patients may have a depression and be very surprised at this, but as you go through how recent times have been or past experiences, it’s usually something that has happened to trigger the depression..
– It is important not only to look at the symptoms, but on the whole. What has happened in life? The whole is important, says Øvrebø
He says that this is essential mapping before you possibly treat for depression.
Depressed. or just tired?
You can be depressed without knowing it, but you can also be healthy without knowing it. It’s an important distinction and you have to figure it out to get it, writes coach and psychologist student Ann Cathrin Andersen in a post on annacathrina. com
You hardly know what introvert and extrovert means
Read more about different types of mental disorders in the Helseconcept. no
It’s easy to say that you are “a little depressed by day”, but they may not know what it means to be depressed but think they are. At the same time, there may be someone who thinks they are only tired all the time but who are really depressed.
Degrees of depression
There are also many who go through a depression who do not think that’s what they’re going through there and then. They may think about the period as demanding and difficult, and expect that it will go over doing things one usually cares.
– Here it will always play a role if the depression is mild, moderate or severe, says Høisen.
When you have mild or moderate depression, you are often able to do the same things as before even if it feels heavier; work out, be social and the like.
It helps prevent the depression from developing and contributes to the depression symptoms slowly disappearing.
– It is important to look at the functional level of depression, how to work in everyday life, in addition to thoughts and feelings, says Øvrebø.
He points out that with so many people suffering from depression, it’s all the more important to look at the skills, skills and level of action that many will say to themselves that “I’m really fine, but …”
Signs and Symptoms of Depression
First and foremost, a depression will take over the entire person; emotions, bodily functions, behaviors and thoughts. There is a downsizing of the world, and a self-assessment, writes coach and psychologist Ann Cathrin Andersen on his blog.
Different types of depression
- Depression where most feel better after a limited period of time (approx. 4-6 months) is called mild, moderate or severe depressive episode. When the person has either mild or moderate depressive episode, the person knows bl. a. lower mood rent, little profit and enjoyment in everyday life. If the person has a severe depression, the person has these symptoms but knows them stronger and the plagues are so extensive that they prevent the person from performing everyday tasks..
- Recurrent depressive disorder is called if you have repeated episodes of depression, either mild, moderate or severe episode.
- Dystymia is a form of depression that lasts longer than a depressive episode, but is less intense while the person may have it over several years. The person often feels tired and depressed, and most of them experiences tiring and little pleasure.
- Bipolar disorder, also called manic depressive disorder, is characterized by fluctuations between severe drowsiness and excitement. You have heavy periods characterized by energy deficiency and discouragement, or you are in one hundred, intense and overactive.
Source: Psychologist Ingrid M. Hoisen
A key feature of depression is a depressed mood out of proportion to any matter. This is not a specific reason why you have a so-called “depressed mood” – you just have it. A consistent symptom is a lack of interest in everything in life – anthropy. Anhedony is that you are not able to feel the joy of things you usually enjoy, often a feeling of emptiness.
- You lose the desire to do anything
Social interaction does not end, you do not enjoy a good movie, exercise, sex, hobbies – everything loses meaning. There is a change in appetite, sleep pattern and activity level. Some lose appetite while others eat all the time – some sleep all day, others experience bad sleep (typically here is waking up in the middle of the night without sleeping again).
Behaviorally and physically, people with depression are slowed down – a condition called “psychomotor impairment”; they slow down, gesticulate slower, speak slower and lower, and react slower.
- Changed energy level
You feel lack of energy and chronic fatigue. A minority of depressed people experience the opposite – they feel physically occupied, can not sit still, move all the time and fade with something constant.
The thoughts of people with depression are filled with topics like worthlessness, guilt, hopelessness and even suicide. They have trouble concentrating and making decisions.
Source: Coach and Psychology student Ann Cathrin Andersen