From wish to action – now.
– If you want to lose weight, you must think that this is a lifestyle change, a change forever. This means that one has to forsake something and it is a sorrow for many. Think about what the winnings are. The win is the motive, says Hege Barhaughøgda to Norsk Ukeblad.
She holds courses in mind training and motivation.
– It’s important to tell yourself that the gain is more important than having the way you have it now. The motivation is that it’s important enough for you to be willing to make the necessary delays, says Barhaughøgda.
We are all different
– I think there may be quite a big difference to one who is going down a few pounds to the bath season, and one that will reduce the weight by 20 kilos or more. Besides, we are humans quite different: A method that fits well for someone does not necessarily fit for others, says psychologist Hege Gade to Norsk Ukeblad.
Gade is a PhD in Psychology at the Center for Disease Overweight in Health South East, Hospital in Vestfold / University of Tromsø. She researches personality and eating behavior in patients with sickness obesity.
Just do it!
To get started, consider the following:
- Why is it important for me to lose weight? What is most important: Get fresher? Get me clothes that do not fit anymore? Getting better?
- If you have tried to lose weight earlier and have left you again, you should ask yourself if you went too hard at the start so you got tired of it.
- Is it realistic to try just the same as you’ve tried before, or is it time to try something else?
- If you have good reasons why weight reduction is important and motivation is present, you should make a good plan that does not break you.
- Weight reduction in itself can increase the motivation to continue slimming, and for some it may be important to get a quick weight change.
From Desire to Action
Motivation makes you start, but then comes the most important: The actual actions.
Elisabeth learned the tricks that crush sugar sucking
– Then I say as the advertisement for Nike: “Just do it”. You can not sit and wait for the great motivation to get you out on a trip. It’s just doing it. And it’s rare to regret when you get started, “said Gade.
You must be prepared to bump along the way.
– It would just be missing – it does with top athletes too! The most important thing is to work with your own thought and action strategies, “says Hege Gade.
When it’s butter, many thoughts use to demotivate themselves.
– There are no seconds standing and shouting negative statements to Marit Bjørgen when it smashed for her in a run. It was supposed to be: “No, now it’s for you, Marit – this course you’re doomed to lose!”
Good enough reasons
If you can not lose weight, you have not given yourself enough reasons, says motivational expert Øyvind Hammer.
He is the motivator, author and lecturer. He is most known as performance coach for Ole Einar Bjørndalen, but many also know him as a motivational expert at Vektklubb. no.
Fill in the bunad after just one week
– You have to figure out what will make you go through the slimming even if it’s not fun. When you find the answer as to why you want to lose weight, you are on your way. If you find good reasons, it will trigger you. Many report health as a good reason to slim down. Everyone knows that health is important, but it does not trigger enough, “says Hammer to Norsk Ukeblad.
– Health is a bad motive unless it is thrown on you, for example in the form of a heart attack. Then a man in the 50’s suddenly loses weight. But he knew about the dangers in advance, without changing his lifestyle. Good, rational reasons are not necessarily what makes you “act”. Something that turns on the slim light is that you go into the favorite shoe for the summer. It is willing to work for. To look better. It is often the main reason, but is not something you would say highly. Having a better sex life by eating healthier and exercising more also gives strong motivation.
Think big, be patient
You must dare to set the target high, Hammer believes.
If you want 15kg, set 15kg as goal, not 8kg because you think it’s “more realistic”.
– Then you need to create a plan. Learn what’s going to go down one kilo, because that’s what you’re going to do 15 times. Then you go down one kilo at a time. You should set big goals, but your plan must be realistic. You must be willing to spend time. It’s better with a plan that lets you go down half a kilo a week as you can, than a plane where you can go down one kilo a week – you can not manage.
Here she went down 38 kilo
Do not tell yourself that you should not eat chocolate in half a year. Eat a little chocolate bite and enjoy it with a good conscience.
Many people lose all the inhibitions when they first get used to some of the forbidden ones. But enjoying yourself does not mean going banana.
Do not think either / or
– Unfortunately, it’s very common for you to have eaten mistakes before losing yourself completely. It’s like jamming the three other car tires if one has punctured, “Hammer says.
The motivation comes with the mindset, and either / or mindset helps you not reach the goal. Do not think either you are on the slimming or not. Good preparation is important for the success of the plan.
Practical preparations, such as food purchases, and mental preparations by going through the day in advance. Where can I go on a click today? Cake at work? Seminar with lunch buffet? What do I do?
Hammer suggests you observe what slim people do. They buy chocolate, they too.
Therefore, you’ll be sweetie when sitting in front of the TV
– It’s about input. How much and often. It is possible to enjoy without spending time. It is good to limit this for example to the weekends. But make sure that the weekend is only one day, Øyvind Hammer advises.
Click here and follow us on Facebook
Sign up for the newsletter and get updates by email
Here is the checklist for those who want to eat healthy
Therefore, you do not lose weight
12 slimming questions you do not dare to ask
Debate: – Should I stop drinking lightly?
Powder gives you faster slimming results