Lose weight with smart low carb.
– For a limited period
The Health Directorate believes the low-carb diet can be used to lose weight.
– For a limited period of time it may be beneficial to combine physical activity with limited intake of fat or carbohydrates to reduce energy intake.
Rune Blomhoff, leader of the New National Dietary Working Group, said to Click. no when the state’s new dietary advice was launched last year.
Many good scientific studies form the basis for us to pronounce this way, says Blomhoff, who points out that a low-carb team is not beneficial in the long run.
Clinical nutritionist Vibeke Landaas, warns against following low carb diets with as little as 50 grams of carbohydrates a day.
– With such a diet you will miss fiber from cereal products and important nutrients like vitamin C, folate and antioxidants from fruits and vegetables. Besides, you will not get energy that is fast enough for your muscles to drive high intensity physical activity. Until then, the muscles need glucose that they can get quickly. They must have that from carbohydrates, said Landaas to Click. no last summer.
Landaas, however, does not want to discourage cutting the carbohydrates. She thinks it’s advisable to have a diet of about 150 grams of carbohydrates a day if you do not exercise, 250-300 on days of exercise.
– But cut down on the unhealthy carbohydrates. Eat less sugar, white pasta, white rice and light bread. And eat more meat, fish, legumes, fruits and vegetables, she advises.
Fedon Lindberg is considered Norway’s foremost expert on low carb. Here is the fedon’s best advice.
He warns against the most extreme low carbohydrates with fat fats and recommends a balanced diet that gives food pleasure and makes you feel fresher and lighter.
– Choose healthy, slow carbohydrates
Lindberg was one of the first in Norway to launch the diet concept low carbomat, focusing on a healthy and balanced diet. Now he has further developed his concept, something he shows in his new book with good tips and recipes.
– There has been a lot of fuss around low carb diets lately – did you go too far when you introduced the concept?
– Many thought I meant to cut carbohydrates completely. But my message was that they had to be reduced and that one had to choose healthy, slow carbohydrates and not fast, refined like sugar and white flour. My principles around the concept “Diet in balance” are definitely no extreme diet, and place great emphasis on health, not just weight.
– Not bacon, sausages and cream
It is important to replace the omitted carbohydrates with healthy protein and fat sources, such as fish / shellfish, avocado, nuts, seeds, and olive oil, “says Lindberg..
A misunderstanding around low carb is that people think they can eat as much bacon, sausages, salami, cream and butter they want, he continues..
– With extreme low carb, done incorrectly, one can end up slim but also sick. My scheme provides healthier weight and good health. Our biggest challenge is that we must increase the intake of vegetables. Reduce sugar intake, fine flour, rice, potatoes and pasta. Eat twice as much fish and shellfish, cut down on the red meat and eat more of that white, encourages Fedon Lindberg.
Fedon’s Smart Tricks
1. Eat every three to four hours, preferably breakfast, midday, lunch, midday meal, dinner and supper.
2. Never jump over a meal.
3. Eat slowly and chew well and eat until you feel comfortable! Waypoint is the keyword.
4. Choose natural, unprocessed food. Stir at medium heat.
5. All meals should contain protein, which provides the most effective metabolism and fat burning.
6. Use vinegar and lemon in salads, dressings, sauces and on barbecue foods.
7. Garlic and “hot” spices like chili, mustard and pepper increase fat burning.
8. Replace salt with organic vegetable broth powder wherever possible.
9. Find the best balance between healthy carbohydrates, fat and protein. Take less amounts of carbohydrates if you lightly put on your waist, are physically inactive and there is a lot of overweight and diabetes in the genus.
10. Give yourself a reward meal a day where you eat a small amount of high-glycemic food (half a palm). Removing whole foods you love will increase the risk of giving up.
11. Avoid eating sugar, flour, pasta, rice or potatoes with a lot of fat. It gives weight gain. Examples include pastry, french fries and milk chocolate.
12. Avoid regular bread meals. Eat any thin, coarse slices of protein rich food. (For example Danish rye bread, pumpernickel or low carb bread with salmon or mackerel and cottage cheese / kesam / Skyr og avokado. )
13. Treat yourself to a good cheese in moderate amounts with vegetables, not with biscuits or bread.
Sources of healthy fat
– Raw Nuts, Almonds and Seeds
– Butter (clarified butter is best for cooking on higher heat)
– Cold-pressed oils: Olive oil (also for medium heat frying), rapeseed oil (also for medium heat frying), Avocado oil (also for medium heating), Flaxseed oil (should not be heated), Walnut oil (should not be used heated), coconut oil (also for cooking on higher heat), macadamia oil
14. Never eat bread before your meal. It will stimulate insulin production greatly and cause you to eat more than you thought.
15. Eat ten a day of fruit and vegetables! Vegetables of all colors and types should be the main amount of food intake, and only two servings (à 100 g) should be fruit.
16. 50-60 percent of everything you eat should be raw or minimally heated (boiled / steam boiled), it increases nutritional content and does not contribute harmful substances.
17. Drink at least eight glasses of water daily! Avoid sweet drinks, beer (low carb beer is OK), liqueur, sweet wines, fruit juice / nectar and soft drinks.
18. Splitting is not the same as failing. Find out why you cracked and try again!
19. Included in a healthy and slim lifestyle is exercise, enough sleep and stress management.
20. Drink a large glass of water and eat a low-glycemic fruit just after you get up.
21. Exercise is important because muscles keep burning up! Exercise early in the day gives the greatest benefit. 20-30 minutes quick walk is superb.
22. For maximum effect; This promotes muscle growth and increased fat burning: Take 15-20 grams of protein just before you start or no later than one and a half hours after exercise. (For example, 1½ dl yogurt, kesam, shrimp or cottage cheese. )
A typical day with “Cost in balance”
Fedon Lindberg uses the term glycemic load (GB) to show the effect of the food on blood sugar. Foods with high GB lead to increased blood sugar.
If GB is below 10, the load is considered low while over 20 is high.
– Nuts, legumes, vegetables, berries, milk, yoghurt, kesame, Scour, fruit sugar (fructose), Fedon bread, muesli and barber.
All Bran cereal, whole grains, oatmeal, baked bread, pumpernickel bread, whole grain pasta, basmatiris, ice cream.
Grape sugar, baguette, beer, cornflakes, sugar, fine bread and plain bread, potatoes: boiled, baked and mash, french fries, muesli, honey, rice cakes, candies, waffles, popcorn, chocolate.
Eggs or omelettes made from 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites, minced spinach and mushroom, fried in 1 teaspoon of olive oil or rapeseed oil.
1 dl kesam natural or Skyr with 1.5 dl fresh berries, possibly. 1 teaspoon fructose or artificial sweetener.
100-200 g chicken breast or salmon (with herbs, spices, lemon, vinegar, mustard e. l. )
Mixed salad (f. example. 2 dl leaf green, tomato, red cabbage, cucumber, red onions, radishes, 1 dl white or brown beans from the box).
Dressing: 3 tsp olive oil with 1-3 tsp of balsamic vinegar or lemon juice, ½ tsp dijonsennep and possibly. herbs.
2 dl pea soup or lentil soup
120-150 g of grilled or steamed salmon (with herbs, spices)
200 g steamed broccoli with 1 teaspoon of olive or rapeseed oil
1 dl cooked basmatiris or spaghetti
1 medium bulb
10 whole almonds
Good protein sources are fresh and frozen fish, shellfish, red and white meat, bird and game, eggs, tofu, kesam natural, shrimp, yoghurt, cottage cheese, protein powder without sugar.
Food you should avoid is sauces and salad dressings in bottles, cakes and biscuits. Canned fish in sugary tomato sauce. Processed foods like fishballs, cakes and patties.
Click here and follow Click Health on Facebook
Sign up for our newsletter and receive weekly updates by email
Low carb diet that works
Yes, you can make low carb creme brulee and cheesecake
Taco is low carbomatic
Low carb for beginners